How We Do It
2017-18 Film and Media Arts Programs
- IN HER DIRECTION offered funds to female filmmakers for sharing their passion for directing in 2 minute digital stories.
- TO.GET.HER finishing funds opportunity was supported in part by the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, Department of Cultural Affairs, City of Los Angeles and the Puffin Foundation. Three filmmakers $1,000 each and three honorees fiscal sponsorship opportunities.
- Screening at the Arena Cinelounge to share the finished film projects of the TO.GET.HER finishing funds opportunity.
2017-18 Mentor Programs
- The Chimaera Project’s Storytelling Toolbox Mentoring Program visited the APA Theatre Guild acting classes at Huntington Beach High School once a week in October 2017 for four weeks, offering mentors/guest speakers to pique interest, imagination and inform about opportunities in front of and behind the camera. Mentoring sessions were facilitated on campus and were inclusive, informative and fun! One of the primary goals of our mentoring program is to reach the students as individuals and at the same time emphasize the importance of each participant’s role in successful collaborative projects. We aim to engage their imagination and encourage them to share their stories as we strongly believe the “art of change” happens through storytelling. The students experienced workshops facilitated by: TCP Co-ED, America Young; TCP Board Member, Cady McClain; Voice-Over Actress, Erin Fitzgerald; and TCP Advisory Board member and fashion icon, Zandra Rhodes.
- In 2018 The Chimaera Project offered an opportunitiy for high school students and individuals interested in working in the film industry a hands-on opportunity to create a public service announcement, working side-by-side with industry professionals.
2017-18 Networking & Outreach Programs
- To.Get.Her Screening at the Arena Cinelounge, Los Angeles
- FLIP the SCRIPT a gender-flipped reading of the Season 5 finale of SUPERNATURAL was presented at the 2018 L.A. Comic Con
- WONDER WOMEN FILMMAKERS: Insight from Women in the World of Filmmaking, a public discussion was presented at the 2018 L.A. Comic Con
- TO.GET.HER evening of networking at Brack Shop Tavern in downtown Los Angeles
- Dynamic Women in Entertainment public conversation in collaboration with the Newport Beach Film Festival with The Chimaera Project Co-Founder, America Young.